The event is released, and it’s a crap event. Let’s take a closer look.
HARD SKIP. Unless you whale lah then buy.
What does this mean?
- Firstly you can only buy each pack once per day, so all 3 packs daily ($8.94 SGD daily). I’m not sure how long this will run for so I’m not even sure if you can get all 80 shards if there’s a time limit.
- Not only do they charge you for the gift packs, you’re not guaranteed any MB shards.
- In every pack you buy, you get the Hot-Blooded Collection, amongst other things like gems etc. But obviously people are buying this just for MB shards so this is what we’re going to focus on.
- In each Hot-Blooded Collection, you have a chance to draw MB shards, SR Omni Chest, SSR Omni Chest, Ascend Supply Token and Parts Supply Token. So there’s 5 possible draws from the loot table, meaning that you only have a 20% chance to draw MB shard (assuming equal rates). And out of that 20%, you have a chance to draw 1 to 4 MB shards, which means a 25% chance to draw the best possible 4 MB shards. This means that there is only a 5% chance to draw 4 MB shards.
- You need 80 shards to synthesize, so you can do the simple math – It’s going to take a lot of money and chests to hit 80 shards.
- Let’s say you get 2 shards every 20% of the time. So out of 10 chests, you get 2 chests MB (20%) with 2 shards each = 4 shards.
You need 80 shards so 80/4 = 20. So you need to buy an average of 20×10=200 Chests (don’t forget the time gate as well, which is 200/3 chests=66 days, will they even run it for 2 months?).
For the sake of simplicity, let’s average out the chest costs. $8.94/3 = $2.98
Total cost = 200chests x $2.98 SGD = $596 (assuming you’re lucky at 20% with 2 shards each)
It will definitely be more than $596.
- It looks like MB might be removed from the LSSR banner. This does not mean that we will not have our BTs in Jan, because definitely some other LSSR will come out, probably Gouketsu. What this means is just that there is one less LSSR in the whole pool, so you potentially missed out on one cycle of 36 BTs, and one cycle of comeback 36 BTs. This is also bad news for F2P as we need these extra BTs and month to save up for other LSSRs, but now everything is going to be accelerated.
Are you going to buy him?