If you already have him, then no.
If you don’t, then it’s up to you.
Pull if you focus on Hero team or if you like him. Or if you’re building a full ZBM core team (and skipping Gyoro for whatever reason).
If you want to stay competitive, I strongly recommend you have enough for Gyoro and RMG.
Role: AoE DPS, Internal Injury, Follow-up, Unyielding
Type: Grappler / Martial Artist
Meta Duration: Personally I would say he doesn’t fall out of meta, but just takes a short dip or rise sometimes. Situationally he’s always useful if you do invest in him. Definitely as stronger units release, he will be slowly phased out, but that’s still a long way, at least 6 months I would say!
PVP – He is actually still very much used during Gyoro era (since you only need 3 Espers), and his internal injury does help to set up for more damage. He is also still the win condition for Hero PVP, even during SSR Genos.
PVE – Still somewhat useful due to his follow-up and unyielding
SO WHY GAROU?
Because he’s cool! That should be reason enough. In all seriousness, he’s a damn good unit. It’s just a case of F2Ps having to spend their BTs wisely, and other LSSRs are more worth it for F2P (namely, RMG and ATT).
But if you really like him, just pull him!
- Strong DPS via follow-up/AoE
- Utility via Internal Injury (set up for more team damage)
- Unyielding helps with both PvP and PvE
- Win condition for Hero PvP – still the best after SSR Genos
- Still somewhat useful during Gyoro meta (follow-up won’t be as strong as during ZBM considering a lot of monster units will be used eg Gyoro, RMG, CK, VM, PXM, etc)
- Strong in Live Clash
- One of the best LSSR KS you can upgrade
- AoE ATK 100% > 120%
- Internal Injury 130% > 145%
- Random 3 enemies > 4
- The timing of his banner isn’t so ideal considering the shifting meta and upcoming LSSRs.
- Expensive – If main DPS, he needs to be super pumped in gear and limit break/awaken to deal strong DPS, otherwise he will just be inflicting internal injuries for the rest of the team as set-up.
WHAT ABOUT HIS KEEPSAKE?
His KS is actually one of the best you can upgrade. However as an F2P, it’s super hard to save up for BS so you need to pick your KS extremely selectively. Hence if there’s only 1 KS you need to upgrade, it’s RMG (for now).
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
Garou (餓狼, Garō) means “Hungry Wolf.” During his participation in the Super Fight Tournament, he disguised himself with a wolf mask.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!