This guide is aimed at F2P players simply because they need to choose who to save BTs and pull. If you’re P2W, just buy every LSSR 😛
Skip and save up for Gyoro and RMG.
Pull him only if you like him so much and focus on monsters team.
Role: Strong Backline DPS / Burn / Revival
Type: Esper / Monster
Meta Duration: At least 3-6 months for the duration of Gyoro core (PvP wise), then drops off during Bomb core. For PvE, Phoenixman will always have his uses in certain situations due to his revive, especially for monster only teams.
Basic: 3-hit, 120% damage to one foe.
Ultimate: Attacks all enemies in the back row dealing 150% Damage and 70% chance of inflicting Burn to enemies hit by phoenix air strike. (Burn damage is 100% ATK Stat of Phoenix).
Passive: Whenever Phoenix Man takes fatal damage, he will be temporarily defeated until his next turn. On Phoenix Man’s next turn, he will revive with 15% of his maximum HP. Can activate up to 3 times per battle. Whenever Phoenix Man deals damage, he will deal additional damage equal to 35% of his missing HP.
Backrow dmg 150% > 180%
Burn rate 70% > 100%
Burn dmg 100% > 120%
Suggested gear: Primal (HP, HP%) to get the full potential of his passive. HP/ATK is fine too if you have better pieces for those.
SO WHY PHOENIXMAN?
- The only Monster unit that has unyielding/revive, so he is very valuable especially in monster only content like HxM or Peak Arena. Can revive up to 3 times per battle!
- If you thought DSK’s ult hits hard, imagine that kind of damage, AND to the whole enemy backline! His ult deals 150% to the back row, and additional damage equal to 35% of his missing HP
- Esper type, which fits into the upcoming Gyoro meta – very strong fit in the Gyoro line up
- Flexible – You can put him in the front to act as a pseudo tank; he can be quite tanky due to his revives and HP gear. Or you can put him in the backline to deal DPS or counter RMG. You’ll want HP gear to deal more damage thanks to his passive, and in turn this makes him tanky as well
- He is one of the counters to RMG – Put him in the backline to keep RMG busy on Phoenixman for at least 4 turns (assuming same column)
- Strong in live clash
- His banner is way too near other stronger LSSRs. Just to name a few, Gyoro, SSR Genos, RMG, ATT, WDM, and more
- Countered by ATT in the future
Another case of he’s good just that upcoming LSSRs are better. If not for the back-to-back strong LSSRs, Phoenixman is a very strong unit on its own and would definitely recommend.
Personally, I am skipping as I am saving for Gyoro/RMG for now!
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
It’s shown that Phoenix Man was, in fact, a regular person, and his costume was the source of all of his powers. The costume was immensely powerful, as it gave him all of the abilities of a phoenix. However, it’s revealed that without the costume, his power was that of an ordinary human.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!