This guide is aimed at F2P players simply because they need to choose who to save BTs and pull. If you’re P2W, just buy every LSSR 😛
100% yes. No questions asked. Just get him. If you don’t have 180 BTs then DO NOT gamble. Save for comeback/RMG.
Role: Core / Support
Type: Esper / Monster (Dragon)
Meta Duration: At least 1 year now, since Bomb’s core only lasted for about 2 months before being countered by Awakened VM, so CN server are still using Gyoro core. Very very long meta, and also the only good monster core for at least a year before another Monster Core appears (not released yet atm).
Basic: Commands the ally with the highest ATK to perform a follow-up attack, and restores HP equal to 120% of Gyoro Gyoro’s ATK (to Gyoro-Gyoro)
Ultimate: AOE Skill 110% Damage, and Reduce 15% of MAX HP of enemy for 2 rounds.
Passive: Increases the maximum HP of all allies by 15% for two rounds. If the ally that is in the same column as Gyoro Gyoro is a Monster ally, they will redirect 50% of the damage Gyoro Gyoro takes to themselves. Ally will no longer redirect damage if their HP is lower than 20%.
AoE dmg 110% > 140%
Reduce max HP 15% > 25%
Core: 3 Espers + 1 Grappler
Basic Core (2 Espers): At the start of each round, gain 3 Energy. All allies start with Berserk for 1 round (Increases damage dealt by 30%).
Advanced Core (3 Espers):
Level 1: Effects that increase allies’ maximum HP will have 4x additional potency for the first two rounds. If any ally’s HP drops to 50% or below, they will restore 40% of their maximum HP. Activates once per round, for the first two rounds.
Level 4: Increases all allies’ damage from Ultimate skills by 30% for the entire battle. If any ally’s HP drops to 50% or below, they will restore 40% of their maximum HP. Activates once per round, for the first two rounds.
Level 10: Increases the potency of DoT damage by 80%.
If any ally’s HP drops to 50% or below, they will restore 40% of their maximum HP. Activates once per round, for the first two rounds.
Level 17: Effects that increase allies’ maximum HP will have ???x° additional potency for the first two rounds. If any ally’s HP drops to 50% or below, they will restore ???%° of their maximum HP. Activates once per round, for the first two rounds.
Suggested gear: Suit/Knight – HP/SPD
SO WHY GYORO-GYORO?
- The next best core that’s replacing the ZBM core, which will usher us into the start of the Esper meta.
- Very useful core for PvE and bossing as well, if you don’t have ZBM.
- Also the first LSSR Monster core, and one that lasts for a long time. There’s no new monster core up till now yet in CN servers
- Bomb core was countered by AVM, so Gyoro’s core resurged back to popularity
- Useful and strong core upgrades (eg lv4 and lv10 core upgrades)
- Somewhat ‘tanky’ due to his passive, sharing 50% dmg with a monster ally in the same column with him
- His ult reduces Max HP, which is great for reducing enemy SSR Genos ult dmg
- His passive (increase Max HP) has a lot of synergy with other units
- Max HP increases means that tenacity effects are greatly increased, so TTM shields are even stronger!
- Increases SSR Genos’s ult damage, if you’re intending to pull him
- Increases Phoenixman ult damage due to missing HP
- Increases Watchdogman’s ult dmg and basic attack heal
- His core/passive is rather short-lived, only useful for the first 2 rounds. This means that for longer battles, his core is essentially just giving 3 energy per round.
- The Max HP buff does not “heal” you to max HP, but rather gives you an empty max HP bar. And the passive heal only takes effect when ally HP drops below 50%, so it’s still very possible that a strong enemy AoE (eg SSR Genos) can still one-shot your whole team in the first turn without your Gyoro heals kicking in
- Not really a con about the unit, but it’s going to be annoying in Extreme Challenge to see 5-6 Gyoro-Gyoros (they make each other follow-up for basic attack)
SUGGESTED LINE UPS
I am writing mainly for F2Ps, so it will mostly be units that we all have. Note these are PVP lineups, adjust accordingly if you’re doing PVE.
If you have a stronger unit like Garou or Gouketsu, def put them in! Fret not if you don’t have enough Espers. Since Gyoro is already an Esper, you just need 2 more! As an F2P, you are going to be waiting for your 2 strongest Espers, RMG and ATT.
Good Espers to use:
Grori – Grori is great cos of his attack buff (kind of replaces Genus attack buff), and he’s somewhat obtainable for F2P if you have been buying his shards. 5* grants you a whopping 45% atk buff, but is super expensive to limit break him.
VM – VM is paired with Grori for DoT synergy, but on his own doesn’t do much. It’s still safe to slowly invest in him, as he makes a comeback during ATT era
Melzargard – If you’re lucky to have Melz, he is also a great Esper filler. With his share damage, he can help your party tank survive potential OTKs from upcoming units such as RMG and SSR Genos
TT – TT is great as a main AoE DPS, but you need to have her levelled relatively high and geared well
Geryu – His energy seal is still useful, and his passive also pairs well with King
King/Boros/PXM – If you have these guys then good for you, definitely use them!
F2P friendly Espers:
SK – Sky King is a very good filler because of his extra damage passive, just make sure he’s 5* for maximum effect!
HB – Fubuki is not as useful as SK but she gets a tenacity synergy buff from Gyoro’s core/passive
MG – No synergy but I’m sure you at least have her I hope? She helps to heal a little so there’s that.
RMG – No questions asked, the only unit any F2P needs. Great all-rounder for both PvE and PvP
ATT – King, or should I say Queen of PVP. Possibly the strongest hero Esper ever, and always the last (wo)man standing in Live Clash
AVM – VM V2, Strong DoT and passive!
You can put TTM/Alloy at the back with Grori and VM to protect them, while CK and ZBM tanks the front with Gyoro. Feel free to swap out TTM/CK/ZBM for others if you have. SF, Melz, Garou, PXM and Gouketsu are all strong options.
You can put TTM/Alloy at the back with Grori and TT to protect them, Grori is just there for the attack buff, not DoT. Feel free to swap out TTM/CK/ZBM for others if you have. SF, Melz, Garou, PXM and Gouketsu are all strong options. If you have MK, he synergizes well with TT.
New Server Players
- TT/Any Esper
As a new player, your strongest units should be AM/BK/GB, so just go ahead and use those, along with Gyoro and 2 Espers.
Just putting up an example whale lineup here so you know what to expect and think of possible counters.
Yes get him no questions asked. For F2Ps, most core units are a must (I wanted to say all, but Bomb’s core is questionable..).
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
When under pressure Gyoro Gyoro was able to transform into his true form, darkening his skin and causing numerous eyes to appear all over his body. In this form, his psychokinetic abilities are increased.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!