DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: Column DPS / Max HP Reduce / Self-heal / Debuff unyielding state/weaken) / Support (+unyielding state) / Follow-up
Type: Duelist/Hero (Class S2)
Basic: Single target 120% ATK
Ultimate: 5 hit column 650% ATK. Reduces target’s triggered/existing [Enhanced Unyielding] state by 2 actions.
Passive: Grants self 60% non-CRIT DMG free (cannot co-exist with Agility). After any unit moves, heals self by 10% of own MAX HP.
Awaken Passive: Marks the main target, reducing the target’s Max HP by 600% of Atomic’s ATK (up to 50% of target’s Max HP), and negates target from any Max HP increase effects. After action, if Atomic kills or triggers [Unyielding] or [Enhanced Unyielding] on marked target, activate [Chase] (Ultimate Follow-up) on a random target enemy, dealing 80% of the Ult dmg.
Column ATK 650% > 750%
Increases ally’s [Enhanced Unyielding] state by 1 action
non-CRIT DMG FREE 60% > 70%
Self-heal 10% > 15%
non-CRIT DMG FREE > 80%
Self-heal > 20%
Additional effect: Permanently decrease 40% ATK for marked enemy
Ultimate Follow-up ATK 80% > 120% (now triggers after taking any action)
Recommended set is Martial/Drive
Hero ATK% – ATK%
Class S ATK% – ATK, DMG Rate
Duelist ATK% – ATK, CRIT%
SO WHY SSR+AS?
- Super strong column ULT with insane effects
- Reduce target Max HP so they die faster, as well as lowering the power of HP% based like CK+ and Gouketsu+
- If kills or triggers Unyielding, will do a follow-up ULT attack again
- With KS, now increases ally’s Enhanced Unyielding state by 1! So far the only unit that increases at this time
- At AWK2, permanently weakens enemy attack by 40% AND will always follow-up ULT after action
- Quite tanky due to self non-CRIT DMG FREE, and also self healing!
- Complements well with Geryu core, increasing Enhanced Unyielding (with KS)
- Great for both PVP and PVE, since the HP reduce also affects PVE, not to mention the Weaken
- Super strong in almost any content since he brings so much utility and dmg
- KS and AWK2 is a must if you want to maximise his potential
- Not enough duelist slots if you are using Sonic and MB+, so one has to go
- If you pulled and invested a lot in Metal Bat+, you may be struggling to have sufficient Duelist resources for AS+
- More competition for Extreme Training slots – if you pulled CK+, Geryu+, MB+, KING+ etc,
- His KS-Ult +Enhanced Unyielding only works mostly for Geryu core and/or units with Enhanced Unyielding, so the line-up will be quite niche for this part (eg, not very worth it to use him with Bomb core, vs Geryu core. As such he doesn’t have as much value in Heroes only battles with no Geryu core)
- Countered in future by Gyoro with silence (so you need AWK2 at least so you can follow-up without needing to ULT)
He’s definitely one of the better units for F2Ps to pull, great for both PVP and PVE. Try to AWK2 him if you want to use him long term (Gyoro+ era).
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Definitely yes. Increase allies unyielding state by 1? Yes!
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Murata modeled Atomic Samurai after Kyuzo from “Seven Samurai.”
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!