DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: Single-Target DPS / Breakthrough Trigger / Follow-up / Stun removal / Specialized Guard
Type: Grappler/Martial Artist (Martial Artist)
Basic: 4 hit single target 120% ATK
Ultimate: 5 hit single target 950% ATK, when Garou crits, will trigger [Breakthrough] condition (ignores normal and special unyielding effect), trigger once every attack.
Passive: After any unit moves, remove own stun condition. After any ally moves, Garou will perform follow up (based on 50% of ULT DMG) to a random enemy that has breakthrough condition, up to 2 times per round.
Awaken Passive: At the start of match, Garou obtains 2x unyielding effect based on 50% MAX HP. Once unyielding effect is reduced, Garou activates Specialized Guard effect (800% of ATK). Absorbs incoming dmg up to 1500% of original Max HP, removes extra HP effects).
Single ATK 950% > 1200%
Breakthrough can trigger without CRIT
Heal up to 50% HP once breakthrough is triggered
Follow-up DMG 50% > 60%
Follow-up DMG > 70%
Awakened 2: Once allies under unyielding/special unyielding condition is expired, Garou obtains 100% of own MAX HP Specialized Guard, max 3 times per match.
Recommended set is Martial/Drive
Hero ATK% – ATK%
Special ATK% – ATK, DMG Rate
Duelist ATK% – ATK, CRIT%
SO WHY SSR+GAROU?
- Super high single target ULT – 950% ATK (and 1200% with KS)! Compared to RMG’s Ultra Ult 600%
- Crits trigger breakthrough which is great for countering Geryu core and units with unyielding
- Stun removal is always great
- Quite tanky due to self specialised guard
- Mainly for PVP, but also great for PVE cases where you have enemies with unyielding (eg Mirage Trials, or Epic CC etc)
- Counters AS+ in a way, since AS+ with KS increases unyielding state +1, but Garou+ instantly just removes the unyielding effect
- Very strong in LC
- KS and AWK2 is a must if you want to maximise his potential
- Grappler slots are very competitive, especially if you pulled SF+. Don’t forget about Gouketsu+ and DSK+ that’s upcoming too.
- More competition for Extreme Training slots – if you pulled CK+, Geryu+, MB+, KING+ etc,
- Doesn’t bring much utility to the team
He’s good but I would say not good enough for an F2P to pull. There are much stronger SSR+ upcoming that would be more useful to F2Ps (eg DSK+).
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Definitely yes if you’re pulling him. Extra 250% dmg, trigger Breakthrough without crit and self-heal when triggered!
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Murata stated Garou bathes in a public bathroom.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!