DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: Column DPS / Breakthrough Trigger / Stun Removal / Self-heal / Team support via share dmg minions /
Type: Grappler/Monster (Dragon)
Basic: 120% ATK single target
Ultimate: Attacks enemies in a column with 3 consecutive strikes, dealing DMG of 150% ATK and 42% MAX HP. Triggers [Breakthrough] (cancels normal and special unyielding effect). Trigger once on each target in an attack.
Passive: When battle begins, permanently increases self MAX HP by 100%, recovers 50% of MAX HP (Basically another ACK). Before next round begins, recovers 50% of MAX HP. Before any unit moves, remove [Stun] from an ally. (Up to 2 times per round)
Awaken Passive: When battle begins, summons 1 crow (400% of Gouketsu’s original HP). One of them will share 85% damage for allies in Gouketsu’s row. After consuming all HP, deals EXTRA DMG by 30% of its Max HP to 3 random enemies which are not in any [Unyielding] state. Reduces main target’s [Enhanced Unyielding] state by 2 actions.
Increase Crit Rate and Crit DMG by 30%
Column ATK 150% > 180%
Max HP DMG 42% > 54%
Recover HP (before nx round) 50% > 70%
Recover HP (before nx round) > 90%
Remove stun 2x > 3x
Summon crows 1 > 2
- Gouketsu’s crows can share damage with Boros’ minions (the highest goes first-Crow-Boros)
- KING’s drones can share damage together with Gouketsu’s crows and Boros’ minions (drone will reduce first)
- Gouketsu’s damage will not share between others
- Gouketsu’s HP will be cut based on 200% HP (same as PXM v2)
- Gouketsu’s dmg need crit (if tank just stack HP)
- Gouketsu’s crows remain on the field even after removed from battle by PXM v2
- All enemies will be reduced unyielding by 2 turns after the explosion from crow
- Crow’s explosion extra damage can be shared by crow itself for 85%
- If Gouketsu breakthrough unyielding, Garou’s follow up cannot breakthrough unyielding (because only trigger once per turn if ally move in the same target with same effect)
- Unyielding will be affected by SSR+AS (increase the unyielding turn and decrease the turn)
Recommended set is Drive/Magic/Battle
Monster HP% – HP%
Dragon HP% – HP, DMG FREE
Grappler HP% – HP, CRIT% (if getting KS)
SO WHY SSR+GOUKETSU?
- Quite tanky with super self-heals (90% at 5P!)
- ULT quite strong especially with KS – 180% ATK + 54% HP, AND CRIT/CRIT DMG +30%!
- Team support by sharing damage via his crows as well
- Stun removal is always great
- Able to trigger Breakthrough, which is currently a counter to many units and Geryu+’s core
- Great for both PVP and PVE
- Uses HP as his damage (HP% based) which is always great – this means you just need to pump HP to get both more DPS and survivability
- Has synergy (minions) with Gyoro+ if you’re intending to get Gyoro+
- Share damage (minions) is always a good fit in any meta/line-up (look at Boros+ he’s still useful currently for share damage)
- KS and AWK2 is a must if you want to maximise his potential
- Meta life not as long when Specialized Protection meta starts coming out (STK/DSK/TTM+ era and DK+ core)
- Might potentially cost more than 180BT if you don’t have normal Gouketsu and didn’t manage to draw him in the 180
- Grappler slots are very competitive, especially if you’re a whale – there’s CK+, Garou+, SF+, and DSK+ and TTM+ in future.
He was one of the ‘must pulls’ initially, but that was before all the better units started coming out (as usual). With more info on upcoming units, I would suggest saving up for DSK+ as he is the next Single target DPS for bossing, and then DK+ for core. If you have enough BTs, go ahead for Gouketsu!
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Definitely yes if you’re intending to build him.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Gouketsu strongly followed the philosophy of Social Darwinism where the strong would weed out the weak and powerless through blood and violence and rule the world.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!