DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: AOE DPS / No energy ULT / Speed booster / Energy removal / Enemy speed removal / Evade / Follow-up Extra DMG
Type: Duelist/Hero (Class S1)
Basic: 120% ATK single target
Ultimate: (No energy consumed) Attacks all enemies with 5 consecutive strikes and deals DMG by 120% ATK. Grants [Enhanced Acceleration] (Increases SPD of ally in the same column to 90% of Flashy Flash’s SPD, only when ally SPD is lower than expected), lasts for 1 round. Removes 1 energy (Once per round, after removing successfully, unable to inflict [Fear] on the enemy again in the same round)
Passive: At the start of the battle, grants [Enhanced Acceleration] (Increases SPD by 5%), if the main target’s SPD is lower than Flashy Flash, deals 300% ATK as Extra DMG). After any character acts, remove enemy’s [Basic Acceleration]
Awaken Passive: Flashy Flash has a 70% chance and ally in the same column has a 50% chance to trigger [Evade] (Reduce direct/extra/charge/berserk DMG to 1 DMG). After any character acts, if Flashy Flash triggers [Evade], deals 400% ATK as Extra DMG to 1 random enemy which is not in any [Unyielding] state and restores HP by 150% ATK (3 times per round).
Dmg 120% > 150%
SPD of ally 90% > 95%
Removes energy 1 > 3
Increase SPD 5% > 20%
Increase SPD 20% > 25%
Ally has 50% chance to trigger [Evade]
Restores HP by 150% ATK 4x per round
Commentary: As usual, speed is a whale’s game, and not recommended for F2Ps. He is the 3rd AOE unit in SSR+, and with 0 energy cost too.
- If King is faster than Flashy Flash, the energy King sealed will not be affected by Flashy Flash. (King seals 3 energy, FF removes 1 energy, enemy is left with 2 energy)
- Metal bat is also immune to Extra DMG by Flashy Flash
- Flashy Flash is faster than King only when Flashy Flash reaches 5P
- Chance of [Evade] does not stack with SF+
- King can still be used if the enemy has no flash. Train Flashy Flash to 5P then replace King
- King can speed up Flashy Flash in the same row, and then let Flashy Flash pull the character in the same column (if the enemy does not have FF)
- The character accelerated by FF+ can also deal 300% of the character’s own attack as Extra DMG.
- Eliminating the acceleration can eliminate the passive acceleration of the king and the acceleration of the same row
- FF is ok for normal PVE stages but requires support for PVE Boss.
Pure SPD, with ATK as secondary. Speed is a priority because that’s what makes Flashy’s kit work. So in this case I would prioritise the gear SET over stats, and also SPD%x3 is a must.
Recommended sets are Fiery / Ninja / Flash / Monk
Hero ATK% – SPD% x3
Class S ATK% – ATK
Duelist ATK% – ATK
SO WHY SSR+FLASHY?
- So far the only unit in the game that can remove enemy speed – this is huge for whale battles as the faster Flashy will simply negate the opponent’s team’s speed boost
- ULT doesn’t cost energy
- Provides moderate support and utility for team-
- Speed boost
- Evade for same row (all if AWK2)
- Energy seal for enemy (3 with KS!)
- AOE DMG with Follow-ups
- Able to self-heal at AWK2
- KS is a must if you want to maximise his potential
- Expensive to build and require very specific gear (SPD) to work
- Duelist slots are very competitive, especially if you have AS+ and MB+. Since Geryu core requires 2 Grapplers and 2 Espers, you only have 2 free slots left
- More used for PVP content. He’s alright for some PVE content but overall usually there are better options
- If you already have KING (or Sonic V2), you might not see a need for another speedster. Plus if a whale’s Flashy is going to remove your team’s speed anyway (99% you are slower than a whale), what’s the point of pulling Flashy anyways?
As an F2P I think it’s safe to say that it’s an easy skip. I would advise saving your BTs, or if you have plenty of extra BTs, you can pull until 50 to get a hero stone + chance of pulling flashy.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Definitely yes if you’re intending to build him. Otherwise not really.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
In the 2017 One Punch Man Halloween cover, Flash was depicted as a kitsune, a Japanese spirit resembling a nine-tailed fox said to be able to disguise itself as a beautiful woman, in reference to Flash’s feminine appearance.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!