DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: AOE DPS / Silence / Non-CRIT DMG FREE / Minions Follow-up /Heal
Type: Esper/Monster (Dragon)
Basic: Heals an ally by 150% ATK
Ultimate: Deals 5 consecutive attacks to all targets, dealing damage by 160% ATK. Has a 100% chance to inflict [Silence] on the main target and 1 random enemy for 1 round (Unable to perform [Ultimate], but [Ultimate Follow-up] will not be affected
Passive: After any character’s action, if a support dies, launches [Ultimate Follow-up] (80% damage and effect). Permanently grants 60% Non-Crit DMG Free (effective for all types of DMG, cannot co-exist with [Agility])
Awaken Passive: When battle begins, summons 1 Candle Monster for itself and ally in the same column separately. (Unable to summon if ally has more support characters than Gyoro-gyoro). Candle Monster will inherit 100% basic ATK of Gyoro-gyoro. After any character’s action, every Candle Monster has a 50% chance to launch [Follow-up] against any enemy which is not in any [Unyielding] state, dealing damage by 150% ATK. After Candle Monster moves 4 times or [Self-detonation] when Gyoro-gyoro is defeated, deals 200% ATK to 3 random enemies.
ATK DMG 160% > 250%
Inflict Silence 1 random enemy > 2
Ultimate Follow-up 80% > 100%
Non-Crit DMG Free 60% > 65%
Ultimate Follow-up 100% > 120%
Non-Crit DMG Free 65% > 70%
Summons Candle 1 > 2
- To see which units are Silenced, you can see a floating purple halo above the unit’s head
- [Silence] cannot be stacked. Faster character is unable to perform Ultimate in the next round.
- Formal set works for [Silence]
- Gyoro’s [Ultimate Follow-up] only triggers once per round and only if the support character dies. (CE+ dog does not die so it is not counted)
- [Ultimate Follow-up] can also inflict [Silence]
- Silence can be affected by Hit% and Res% (At present, the beta server is not affected by hit and resistance, but will be tested after the official server is released)
- Keepsake is recommended if you have characters that summon support
- [Silence] is removed after [Reborn]
Gyoro is more of a support, he’s there really for the silence effect not so much to deal damage. You can build him for SPD so he will move and silence first.
Monster ATK% – SPD if you want to silence first!
Dragon ATK% – ATK
Esper ATK% – ATK
SO WHY SSR+GYORO?
- New mechanic Silence is super powerful, preventing units affected from ulting.
- Mostly useful for PVP, but silence will also affect (some?) PVE units. Bosses are probably immune.
- Strong in LC no doubt
- Synergizes well with the Burst/Cruel tactics set – Follow-up ult will also apply Silence
- KS is a must if you want to maximise his potential, increasing silence to 2 enemies
- Needs characters with summon support so as to synergize with his passives. Characters like Gouketsu+, Boros+ etc
If you are competitive in PVP AND you have characters with summons, then yes Gyoro is a great addition to the team. It is a must-pick for whales.
For F2Ps I don’t think it’s worth it but it’s up to you.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Definitely yes if you’re intending to build him. Otherwise not really.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Gyoro Gyoro (ギョロギョロ, Gyorogyoro) was the meat puppet of Psykos. He existed as an independent entity that allowed Psykos to manage the Monster Association without revealing her identity.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!