DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: High DPS, both S.Target as well as AOE / DoT (Specialized Corrode) / Enemy follow-up lock / Breakthrough / Combo Follow-up
Type: Grappler/Monster (Demon)
Basic: Deal 100% ATK to a single target. 50% chance to inflict [Specialized Corrode] (DOT by 100% ATK. After any character acts, transfers the effect to a random target, disappears after transferring 1 time.)
Ultimate: Attacks a single target with 5 consecutive strikes, dealing DMG by 1050% ATK. Can trigger [Breakthrough] (cancels normal and specialized unyielding state), only once per round. Has a 75% chance of inflicting [Specialized Corrode] on the main target and its surrounding characters (DOT by 100% ATK. After any character acts, transfers the effect to a random target, disappears after transferring 3 times.) Obtains [Specialized Protection] of 450% ATK (removes damage, stackable with extra HP effects, accumulated damage removed will not be more than 15x of his original HP)
Passive: When enemies suffer DOT, deals Extra DMG to all enemies by 60% DoT DMG (Only 1 effect of the same type works throughout the whole battle).
Awaken Passive: Causes enemies with [Specialized Corrode] to be [Adhesion] (Unable to launch [Follow-up] and [Consecutive Follow-up], lasts for 2 rounds) After any ally acts, has a 60% chance of inflicting [Combo Follow-up] to a random enemy (Deep Sea King and ally in the same column will launch [Ultimate Follow-up], once per round)
DMG ATK 1050% > 1300%
Proc chance 75% > 90%
Specialized Prot. 450% > 600%
Extra DMG 60% > 80%
Extra DMG 80% > 86%
Proc chance 60% > 70%
Combo Follow-up per round 1x > 2x
- [Adhesion also applies to [Combo Follow-up].
- [Specialized Corrosion] can be affected by hit%/res% and Formal Set
- [Specialized Corrosion] will first transfer to characters which are not in any [Unyielding] state.
- [Combo Follow-up] can inflict multiple debuffs.
- [Specialized Corrode] can transfer to [Revived] and [Resurrected] characters.
- [Specialized Corrode] is not affected by [Evade].
ATK gear with ATK%. You can go with HIT% to land Corrode more often
Monster ATK% – ATK%
Demon ATK% – ATK, Bonus DMG% (for the Extra dmg)
Grappler ATK% – CRIT% and/or Hit% if you want more inflict chance. You can stack both also as they’re not mutually exclusive. If you are going for CRIT% try to have CRIT DMG% in your gear. If you’re going full ATK% that’s also fine as it helps refill your Specialized Prot faster.
SO WHY SSR+DSK?
- He is the first counter to ‘Follow-up’ with new debuff Adhesion. Enemies with Specialized Corrode will be unable to Follow-up / Consecutive Follow-up. This basically counters all Follow-up units, such as CK+, Garou+, etc.
- High DPS, strong for both PVP and PVE due to his AOE Specialized Corrode. His corrode spreads and transfers.
- DSK gets Specialized Protection as well so he is quite tanky. Do note that he needs some time to fill this up as enemies take Corrode dmg.
- His awaken passive also has a chance to enable himself and the same column to Ultimate Follow-up once per round, which is extra DPS as well! (Good for Bossing!)
- Grappler slot which is already super competitive, especially if you have units like CK+, Garou+, Gouketsu+ or even SF+. Don’t forget we still have TTM+ upcoming!
His Passive seems to be different from CN, we’ll have to wait for his official release to see. If he does not have his DoT Detonation passive then his DPS potential is greatly lowered.Good thing that it was confirmed as just a typo
He’s great for both PVP and PVE, so why not! If you have spare BT then he is also a great unit to AWK2. For F2Ps, better to AWK2 during comeback if you didn’t manage to pull enough stones.
Also don’t forget that good units like TTM+ and DK+ (core) are also upcoming so I feel it’s better to save up BTs for them instead of AWK2 DSK+, especially more so now with content that requires both a good Hero and Monster team to progress, such as Crescent Tower etc.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Yes it’s one of the better ones to aim for.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
The Deep Sea King is the third of many “kings” mentioned in the series, the others being the Subterranean King, the Beast King, the Ancient King, the Sky King, the King of the Underworld, the “second Sea King”, and the Monster King.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!