DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: Tank / Damage Reflect / Specialized Protection / Breakthrough / Minion Support / Remove enemy damage sharing
Type: Grappler/Hero (Class S1)
Basic: Deal 2 consecutive strikes to a single target, dealing 120% ATK
Ultimate: Attacks enemies in a column with 5 consecutive strikes, dealing DMG by 110% Max HP. Can trigger [Breakthrough] (cancels specialized and normal unyielding state), only once per target per round
Passive: When battle begins, obtains [Specialized Protection] of 180% HP (removes damage, stackable with extra HP effects, accumulated damage removed will not be more than 15x of his original HP). When battle begins, remove enemies team [DMG sharing]. When attacked or defeated, reflects 51% of damage taken to 4 random units (including [Specialized Protection] and decrease in HP, only 1 effect of the same type works throughout the whole battle)
Awaken Passive: When battle begins, summons Tank-Top Tiger (ATK by 30% of TTM’s HP). After an ally acts, Tank-Top Tiger will deal damage to 1 random enemy by 100% ATK. Prioritises enemies in [Specialized Unyielding] and trigger [Breakthrough] (cancels specialized and normal unyielding state). Restores Tank-Top Master’s [Specialized Protection] by 20% Max HP
ULT DMG Max HP 110% > 140%
Specialized Protection 180% > 200%
Dmg reflect 4 random units > entire enemy team
Specialized Protection 200% > 230%
Reflect 51% > 61%
Summons Tank-Top Blackhole
- Tank-Top brothers can still [Follow-up] if TTM is [Stuck]
- Tank-Top brothers never fall even if TTM is dead
- Only 1 DMG reflect will be triggered
- Can reflect DMG received in [Specialized Protection]
- Removal of [DMG sharing] applies to all support characters
- Tank-Top brothers have no follow-up limit
- Cannot reflect if TTM is [Exited]
- TTM can restore [Specialized Protection] faster with SSR+ DSK
HP gear with full HP%. Drive is great for the dmg free set bonus if you have. You may use a CRIT% gear if going DPS as wwell.
Hero HP% – HP%
Class S HP% – HP (dmg free is alright as well but not critical. Can focus on Bonus DMG% for more dmg reflect if you want)
Grappler HP% – HP (block% is alright if you want more survivability, crit% if you’re going DPS)
SO WHY SSR+TTM?
- He is the first unit to counter damage sharing. You know, like Boros+ and Gouketsu+ with their damage sharing minions? TTM+ completely negates that, meaning these units have their utility reduced and enemy team will die faster now. (Basically the enemy minions won’t take damage so they don’t die, meaning they also won’t explode!)
- He is the only damage reflect unit on Hero side. Usually we only have CK as the damage reflect unit. Note that he can reflect damage received in S.Protection.
- He is super tanky because his minion(s) replenishes his S.Protection with each attack
- The minions never ever die, even if TTM+ is dead. Hence they have no Follow-up limit
- Minion’s Follow-up also does Breakthrough, which is great for countering Geryu core
- Super useful unit for Hero side. There’s not many tanks on Hero side that are currently useful, so TTM+ will be very helpful in Hero only PVE content, such as Crescent Tower or HxM.
- Relatively cheap to use – doesn’t require a lot of resources. Throw him in the line-up to already counter enemy team damage sharing. Throw HP% gear on him and he works perfect. Don’t really need KS.
- Grappler slot which is already super competitive, especially if you have units like CK+, Garou+, Gouketsu+, SF+, and DSK+. And one more coming up which is WDM+.
- Too many units for Extreme Training! DSK+ and then upcoming DK+!
- Currently all the damage sharing units are monster only (Boros+/Gouketsu+), so this doesn’t counter anything in Hero only battles
- Very near DK+ banner (expected in March), which you don’t want to miss pulling a core unit
- Relatively short meta if you’re talking about ‘main team’ PVP, when Groribas comes out and negates the dmg reflect. However on a whole, he is still very useful for countering enemy Gouketsu+/Boros+, as well as being a great PVE unit.
- If you really want to pump him to his full potential, you need AWK2, as that will give him 2 minions (so restore S.Prot twice as fast. not to mention Breakthrough twice as fast, super great at countering Geryu core)
Considering he’s a one-of-a-kind unit that counters enemy team damage sharing, and is the only damage reflect tank on Hero side, I think he will provide a lot of value to both your PVE and PVP gameplay for quite a while. With him, he’s going to help out your Crescent Tower hero side a lot!
If you don’t have enough BT, do remember that DK+ is expected to debut in March, and you don’t ever want to miss out on a core unit.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
His KS is not super critical, it just boosts the ULT dmg by quite a bit. If you intend to max him out (P5 for increased dmg reflect and S.Prot) then you’ll want to pull his KS.
In terms of value though, AWK2 is more important than KS because you’ll get 2 minions, restoring your S.Prot twice as fast. This mean more survivability for TTM+, means more damage reflect. And also doing Breakthrough twice as fast.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Tanktop Master wears a dull blue tanktop during training and battle, claiming it boosts his strength. It is unknown if this claim is actually true. It is also extremely tight, so much so that it was able to act as a defibrillator by restarting his heart as it snapped back from Bang’s grip.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!