DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: Core (Specialized Prot) / Support / Breakthrough / Evade
Type: Hi-Tech/Hero (Class S2)
Basic: Deal 2 consecutive strikes to a single target, dealing 120% ATK
Ultimate: Attacks enemies in a column with 2 consecutive strikes, dealing DMG by 300% ATK, lower the entire enemies’ team DMG Rate by 30% (affects Direct DMG and does not affect Charge, DOT, Extra DMG)
Passive: After any character acts, trigger [Breakthrough] to 2 enemies in [Specialized Unyielding], deals Extra DMG by 200% (300%) ATK. When battle begins, grants 60% chance of [Evade] (Reduce direct/extra/charge/berserk DMG to 1 DMG) lasts for 2 rounds
DMG 300% > 450%
Lower DMG Rate 30% > 50%
Trigger Breakthrough enemies 2 > 3
Chance of Evade 60% > 65%
Deals Extra DMG 200% > 300%
Chance of Evade 65% > 70%
Basic Core Effect (1 Grappler, 1 Duelist, 1 Hi-Tech): Gain 3 energy per round
Advance Core Effect (1 Grappler, 1 Duelist, 1 Hi-Tech, 1 Esper): When battle begins, all allies obtain [Specialized Protection] of 600% original Max HP (removes damage, stackable with extra HP effects, accumulated damage removed will not be more than 15x of his original HP, can be stacked).
(4): obtains [Specialized Protection] of 650% original Max HP
(10): obtains [Specialized Protection] of 700% original Max HP
(17): obtains [Specialized Protection] of 750% original Max HP
Awakened 2 (Basic & Advanced Core): Gains 1 energy once per round if any ally triggers CRIT.
Awakened 3 (Basic & Advanced Core): Gains 1 energy twice per round if any ally triggers CRIT.
For CORE units (as F2Ps), they’re really just there for the core, not to DPS or to tank. Hence you don’t really need to gear him up.
His abilities scale with ATK so you can gear ATK gear on him. However if you want more survivability you can also just put HP gear on him and put him in the front to tank some hits and protect your backline.
SO WHY SSR+DK?
- He is the next Hero Core after Bomb, so definitely an upgrade on the hero side!
- He is a support unit that lowers enemies DMG rate, as well providing S.Prot via his core
- He has self-Evade so can be quite tanky, use at the frontlines
- Can trigger breakthrough if you need to
- One of the few Hi-Tech SSRs, so he will be a great addition to your Training Center
- No need to invest or gear heavily – core units are usually just upgraded to 5* if possible (or 5P if you can)
- You’ll need to have the base DK to fuse DK+, and not many F2Ps will have him. You’ll have to gamble on pulling the V1 as well during this banner. If you fail to do so, you can also try pulling him with Superb Vouchers (make sure you set DK to wish list!)
- It’s in the same month as DSK+ comeback so you might not have enough BTs
- Geryu core might still be the best for certain PVE content
As he is a core unit, no doubt it’s a must pull, but only if you have enough BTs. If you don’t have enough then wait for comeback. Also if you’re aiming for DSK+ comeback (for A2 or whatever), then feel free to pull DK on comeback. You might suffer a bit in PVP though.
For pure PVE, Geryu core might also still be one of the better core for certain PVE content.
For recommended line-ups, it’s hard to say because everyone will be different. However you will want to put in Tank-Top Vegan in the line-up as he will boost the S.Prot that DK provides. The rest of the slots you can fill with whatever SSR+ you have.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Nope not needed, save it for Groribas or other main DPS.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Drive Knight’s various Tactical Transformations are named after the pieces used in the traditional Japanese board game shogi.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!