DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Role: AOE dmg / Revive / Breakthrough / Support (Shield Rate + Silence immunity)
Type: Hi-Tech/Hero (Class S2)
Basic: Deal 2 consecutive strikes to a single target, dealing 120% ATK
Ultimate: Attacks all enemies with 4 consecutive strikes, dealing DMG by 48% Max HP, revives 1 ally with 100% HP after performing [Ultimate] (up to 4 times per battle)
Passive: After any character in its row attacks, triggers [Breakthrough] to the main target, permanently grants [Immunity against Silence] to its entire row
Awaken Passive: When battle begins, grants the entire team 50% Shield Rate, lasts 2 rounds. Triggers [Reborn] after taking fatal damage (When ally is present, recovers 50% HP before action, up to 2 times)
DMG 48% > 64%
Revives ally 1 > 2
Revives up to 4x per battle > 6x
Additional Immunity against Stun
After any character in its row > Around Melzargard
Shield Rate 50% > 70%
Recovers HP before action up to 2x > 3x
- [Revive] can be stacked with SSR+ Phoenixman and SSR+ Pig God
- Revived characters do not get [Specialized Protection] from SSR+ Drive Knight but still can get from their own skills
Stack HP Gear, his ult scales off HP%, and you also want him to survive as long as possible to keep ulting for revive.
Use Drive set if possible for more survivability.
You’ll need speed to ult first for revives before your enemy, so either use a speedster with him (King, Sonic etc), or use HP/SPD (not ideal).
SO WHY SSR+Melzargard?
- His main highlight is for the revive, similar to PXM+
- Immunity to silence to row after breakthrough
- Increased shield rate which complements DK+ core
- You’ll need to have the base Melz to fuse Melz+, and not many F2Ps will have him. You’ll have to gamble on pulling the V1 as well during this banner.
- It’s in the same month as TTM+ comeback so you might not have enough BTs if you intend to pull him
- Not super useful for F2Ps, more a whale unit
- Requires PXM+ for revive synergy
I think this is an easy skip for F2Ps. Revive doesn’t do anything if you don’t have strong DPS/tanks to carry you, and only serves to drag the fight longer. And if you don’t already have strong DPS/tanks, then why not invest into them instead of Melz is the question. Hence in my opinion Melz works better for whales, than for F2Ps. Not to mention that if your Melz is dead, then you can’t revive anymore. Hence speed is also an important factor for Melz. And you also need PXM+ for synergy for revive meta.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
If you’re really into the revive meta…. then yes you need it. It really increases the revive potential for Melz.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
As the number of heads decreased, the remaining heads became somewhat more intelligent in speech patterns. Intelligence and personality traits may have been divided amongst the heads. All of the heads appeared to have a bloodlust, and each of them sadistically taunted their opponents.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!