This guide is aimed at F2P players simply because they need to choose who to save BTs and pull. If you’re P2W, just buy every LSSR 😛
-If you want to be competitive in PvP, AND
-If you have enough saved up for RMG/ATT and have spare to pull Genos (you can pull ATT in her comeback with certain caveats)
|SS (AoE only)
Role: High AOE DPS
Type: Hi-Tech / Hero (Class S1)
Meta Duration: Technically he will last for 6 months until Bomb’s core comes out, which counters Genos. But other than that he is still very usable and does a heck load of damage.
Basic: 2-hit, 180% damage to one foe.
Ultimate: Deal AOE Damage based 24% of his Max HP. And has 70% chance to apply burn (70% ATK) based on selected enemy and enemy surround them (cross shape). Genos will reduce 30% of max HP after use this move until end of the turn.
Passive: If Genos takes fatal damage, he will be temporarily defeated until his next turn, where he will revive with 50% HP. If he takes fatal damage again, deal damage equal to 160% of his ATK as extra damage to all foes.
AoE dmg 24% > 32%
Burn dmg 70% > 90%
Max HP reduction 30% > 20%
Broken gear – HP/CRIT, HP/SPD, HP/CRIT DMG (or SPD if you want), HP/HP%
Prisoner/Knight – same as above. Knight scales with attack so doesn’t do as much for Genos (HP)
Buff Gear: HP% of course, with HP%, SPD%, CRIT% and DMG Rate% would be the best.
SO WHY GENOS?
- Hands-down the best AoE in the game for now, and nothing comes close in terms of sheer direct damage. A whole core (Bomb) had to be released just to counter him, that’s how strong he is.
- High AoE dmg is due to efficient scaling with his HP
- Because his dmg scales with HP, he will be geared with HP gear, hence making him tanky and hard to die
- Fits well with Gyoro core and has synergy due to max HP increase, hence increasing his ult dmg
- Has undying (passive) which lets him revive once
- His Talent 3 also has unyielding so he has a chance to revive 1-2x with undying
- Absolutely dominates in PVP if geared properly
- One of the few Hi-Tech LSSRs available, so he would do well in your Training Center (you need 2 of each class ideally) and its expeditions, and you should have plenty of badges to level him
- Future synergy with Watchdogman for the HP% buff
- He is considered a whale unit as he needs a lot of resources to deal crazy damage, in the region of 500-700+ SACs
- AoE not as high for PVE due to their natural ult resistance (but still strong tho!)
- Since he is a Hi-Tech, you may or may not have enough ‘tanks’ for your Line-up depending on how many LSSRs you have. Consider – 3 Espers for Gyoro, + 1 Hi-Tech Genos, and 1 Grappler for core, that leaves only 1 flexible slot available. So if you use Gouketsu, Garou, Flashy etc, you won’t have space for tanks like CK, TTM, Alloy. This means you may have to get Genos to move first and OTK the enemy, or even using Mumen to boost him.
- Not as strong in Live Clash since you can’t really stack HP gear on him. The best you can do is put battle set and HP runes.
- Too near other essential LSSRs like RMG and ATT, so if you don’t have enough BT saved then you don’t have much of a choice anyways, especially right after you’ve pulled Gyoro
- Will be countered in the future by Bomb core (6+months away)
Welcome to the OTK (one turn kill) meta of Genos. If your server has many strong whales, then to be very honest you might struggle a lot in PVP.
Even though I mentioned that Genos is a whale unit, that doesn’t mean he can’t or doesn’t work for F2P or small spenders. In fact, an average Genos is still better than no Genos since his AoE will still be higher than most other units if still geared decently. Although you definitely won’t be able to win the whales, but you probably will win the other F2Ps who do not have Genos.
If you want to be competitive in PVP then I would say Genos is a must have, otherwise you’ll be struggling in PVP for the next 6 months.
One strategy for F2Ps who are PVP competitive is to pull Genos (only if you have enough for RMG too), then pull RMG. Pull ATT only on her comeback, which is when Bomb will arrive to counter Genos, then you use ATT to counter Bomb (shift your Genos resources/SACs to ATT). HOWEVER going this route you will basically lose every live clash from ATT’s debut since she is the strongest there.
If you’re not pulling Genos, then be prepared for him by using some form of protect or shields (TTM, Alloy, Melz) in your lineup to prevent getting OTK’d.
For PvE players, Genos doesn’t impact you much so feel free to skip for the PvE units (RMG, Sonic etc)
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
Genos cuts off his sleeves because his shoulders can’t fit in them. He also thinks that they are ugly. Furthermore, he thinks that it is troublesome when he is using the weapons in his arms.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!