DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, if you want to please go ahead.
Role: CORE-enhanced unyielding / Support via Berserk and enemy atk down / 0 energy AOE ULT
Type: Esper/Monster (Dragon)
Basic: Deal single target 120% ATK
Ultimate: Requires 0 energy to activate ult. 5 hits 120% ATK to all enemies, grants allies in same row [Enhanced Berserk] for 1 round (First hit deals CRIIT-able [Berserk DMG] equal to 200% of Geryu’s ATK). For each enemy hit with this [Berserk DMG], reduce 150 of own energy.
Passive: Start of battle, reduce all enemy heroes by 30% ATK for 1 round. 2nd round onwards, apply 35% injury resistance to self. (Note that injury resistance reduces charge DMG, so its not a useless buff)
5 hits 120% ATK > 150%
Grants berserk to allies in same row > to ALL allies
Extreme Passive: Reduce all enemies by 30% ATK for 2 consecutive rounds, apply 45% injury resistance to self.
P5: Start of battle, reduce all enemies by 40% ATK for 2 consecutive rounds, apply 50% injury resistance to self.
Basic Core Effect (1 Grappler, 2 Esper): Gain 3 energy per round
Advance Core Effect (2 Grappler 2 Esper): When receiving fatal damage, gains [Enhanced Unyielding] (ignores anti-unyielding) and (immune DMG), after any 4 unit takes action, the effect is released and allies heal 100% of HP, triggered twice per battle
TLDR: All allies have extra 2 lives
L4: Trigger 3x per battle for each unit, heals 60% of MAX HP
L10: Trigger 2x per battle for each unit, heals 100% of Max HP, and every trigger deals 150% ATK as Extra DMG to 3 random enemies.
Awakened 2 (Basic & Advanced Core): Each round gain 3 energy, the accompanying support character follow-up will gain 1 extra energy, triggers once per round.
Recommended set is Martial
Monster ATK% – ATK% Bonus x3
Dragon ATK% – ATK (DMG Rate if you can)
Esper ATK% – ATK (CRIT if you can)
SO WHY SSR+Geryu?
- Number one reason – for CORE! Easily the best core for now. In simple terms his core basically gives each unit extra 2 lives. Currently still the latest core in CN so we have no idea how long it’s going to last, so you definitely want to pull
- Best core for PVP and PVE
- Especially useful for PVE stages to get 3 stars as your units have lesser chance to die. Also great for the newer harder PVE content like Epic CC and climbing Mirage Trials etc
- Obviously the better core for Monster side as well compared to Gyoro core, a much needed upgrade
- Decent core for Bossing too, especially bosses where your units keep dying (eg upgraded Elder Centipede)
- Core requirements are 2 Espers (including himself) and 2 Grapplers, which leaves 2 units for anything. So there’s quite a lot of flexibility, unlike Bomb core where you need to have at least 1 of every type
- 0 energy AOE ULT is always great, and decent damage as well at 120% ATK for 0 energy!
- Great utility and support for the team –
- 200% ATK (of Geryu) Berserk with a guaranteed first-hit crit
- Reduce all enemy heroes ATK for 1 round (Do note its for Heroes only!! Extreme Passive will become ALL enemies)
- 35% injury res to self (from round 2) – useful as it reduces charge damage
- Great to counter SSR+MB, because MB+ follows-up on the lowest HP enemy (which will deal 1 dmg to those in enhanced unyielding state)
- Not super expensive to gear, don’t really need to move first
- Don’t really need AWK2 and KS as well, although if you can KS is recommended. For F2P, maybe a better idea to skip and go for AS/Gou KS.
- With new core means new teams – you now have more options for multi-team content such as Apex Clash, Emblem Bountry Trials, Club Competition, Orange Mirage Trials, etc.
- Not much cons, get him!!
Note these are PVP lineups, adjust accordingly if you’re doing PVE.
Ideal Line-up at debut: Geryu+, Boros+, CK+, GW/Gouketsu/WDM, MB+, Sonic V2
- For F2Ps, you should have SSR+CK so that’s 100% in no questions asked
- WDM (only if P5 to stack with CK)
- Gale Wind
- Gouketsu (for passive)
- If you don’t have any of the above, worst case is Alloy, or even Bomb
- FUTURE: Garou+, SF+, Gouketsu+
- SSR+Geryu counts as one, so you’ll just need one more Esper
- SSR+Boros – best for now, until better SSR+ Espers come
- For F2P, you can just use RMG or ATT, not a big deal, even Melz or PXM.
- If you don’t have any of the above, worst case is Sky King or SSR Fubuki
- FUTURE: PXM+, King+
Hi-Tech slots: (optional)
- Hi-Techs won’t be so common in this meta, but if you have a strong SSR+CE then he’s still a good option
- F2P – Dr Genus or Lightning Genji for the passive, or even DK if you have
- FUTURE: Nothing as of yet
Duelist slots: (optional)
- Lots of good Duelists so you will want to use the remaining 2 slots for them!
- SSR+ MB if you have
- If you already have Sonic V2 then he’s still pretty good as a speed booster
- Others – ZBM, Magicman
- FUTURE: AS+, FF+
As usual, core units are a must. Geryu’s core will help you tremendously in PVP, PVE and PVB. No questions asked. If you don’t have at least 180 BT, save up and pull him on comeback.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
His KS is good so get it if you have spare BS. However for F2Ps I would recommend saving up for AS+/Gouketsu+ KS instead.
You’ll want to pull KS for units that will carry you, and Geryu is not a carry unit but a support/core unit.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Geryuganshoop possessed the ability to levitate and hurl matter using its mind. It was an immensely powerful psychic with a very high psychic output. Geryuganshoop was able to eliminate the friction between objects and air, a feat above the level of even Tatsumaki. As a result, the rocks launched by Geryuganshoop would fly at sub-light speed without being evaporated.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!