DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, if you want to please go ahead.
NOTE: SSR+KING is pulled at Awaken Wheel Event, see guide here.
Role: Team Speedster / Energy seal / Reduce enemy’s shields / Minion Summon (Drone) DPS + shared damage / 0 energy AOE ULT
Type: Esper/Hero (Class S1)
Basic: Restore an ally’s HP by 150% ATK
Ultimate: (No energy consumed) Apply [Fear] to all enemies (seal 2 energy for 1 round). Reduce the [Resillience/Tenacity] of 3 highest HP enemies by 40% and heal for 2 allies with lowest HP by 300% of their ATK.
Passive: Increase row speed by 90% of King’s SPD. (even if King is dead)
Awaken Passive: Summon drone at start of match (ATK &HP are 100% & 800% respectively of King’s ATK). Drone will absorb 90% of all types of DMG received by King (excluding emblem and reflect effect) until its HP is 1%. Drone will follow up (after allies move) on 1 random enemy (350% ATK, up to 2 times each round).
Energy seal 2 > 3
Reduce Resilience/Tenacity of 3 highest HP enemies > ALL enemies
HP reduce 40% > 50%
Heal allies 2 > 4
Increase own speed by 16%
Increase own speed > 20%
Increase row speed 90% > 95%
Drones 1x > 2x
Pure ATK / SPEED
Recommended set is Monk/Flash. For red gear, would be Fiery/Ninja.
For KING you need to stack SPD no matter what, hence using full set in this case is TOP PRIORITY (better than no set).
Hero ATK% – SPD% Bonus x3 << compulsory
Class SATK% – ATK
Esper ATK% – ATK
SO WHY SSR+KING?
- Number one reason for pulling KING is to boost team speed. If you are focusing on PVP, KING is a must as generally who goes first will win (usually).
- KING will have higher SPD than Sonic V2, due to the Awakening system (SPD upgrade), plus he boosts own speed by up to 20% (as compared to Sonic’s 15%)
- Can be used together with Sonic in different rows to provide speed boost
- 0 energy AOE ULT is always great!
- Support heals
- Energy seal (2 energy) for enemy
- Reduce enemy’s shields
- Summons Drone minions, which share damage as well as deal Follow-up dmg
- Good fit for Geryu core (since require 2 grappler 2 espers)
- Great for Hero side since still on Bomb core, so Tenacity weaken will help greatly
- All-or-nothing unit; either you all-in with him, or don’t pull him at all. It’s a whale’s game – if enemy’s KING is faster than yours, then it defeats the purpose of you having KING since you’re going second anyway. Hence it is important to gear fully
- Very expensive to gear – mandatory to have all SPD gear and full set, and 3x SPD% Bonus buff gear, P5, KS and Awakening 2 to make him work
- Reduce enemy’s shields not as useful vs Geryu core line-ups; more useful against Bomb core
- Countered in future by SSR+ Flashy, who is able to remove enemy’s acceleration. Eliminating KING’s acceleration will also affect the acceleration of the row
If you don’t have what it takes to fully gear KING, I suggest you can skip him for more F2P friendly units.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
KING is an all-or-nothing unit; if you intend to pull him then you definitely need to pull his KS.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
The King Engine is actually King’s VA’s voice, not a sound effect.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!