DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- There is a different drawing mechanism. Here’s a guide on how that works!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+ units than to AWK2 one SSR+. However, if you want to please go ahead.
Role: Multi-S.Target DPS / Follow-up Ultimate / Charge DMG / Self-Revive even when team is dead / Stun immunity
Type: Duelist / Hero (Class S1)
Basic: 3 hits deal 150% single damage.
Ultimate: Deal 3 hits 120% [Direct Damage] + 380% [Charge Damage] to the selected target and perform 2 times chasing with same effect (the chasing unit will be any lowest hp from enemies, but if enemies left 1 on stage, he will chase that one aka. remaining unit)
Passive: Immune to stun for row but not himself. Immune to extra damage after 2 round, for himself only.
Awaken Passive: When MB dies, he will revive (like zombie, up to 3 times, however he can revive even when all other allies died), once he revives, he will gain 40% Max HP and perform [Ultimate] to the lowest HP enemy.
3hits Direct Dmg 120% > 150%
Charged Dmg 380% > 420%
Chasing 2x > 3x
Additional effect – Every follow-up heals 12% of his max HP
Immune to stun for row and himself. Immune to extra damage after 1 round, for himself only.
Immune to stun for row and himself. Immune to extra damage from the start, for himself only.
Revive 3x > 4x
Revive heal 40% > 70%
Perform Ult 1 enemy > 3 enemies
Recommended set is Martial/Flash(Lifesteal)
Hero ATK% – ATK% Bonus x3
Class S ATK% – ATK (DMG Rate if you can)
Duelist ATK% – ATK (CRIT if you can)
SO WHY SSR+MB?
- Super self-revive! The first revive to still take effect even if your whole team is dead. This means that he is guaranteed to revive 3x for sure
- This also ensures that other units in your line-up have a chance to revive at the new round as well, such as Bakuzan, or AWK2 CK
- Carry DPS if built right, ultimate and follow-up is very strong
- Immune to stun for row and himself, and extra dmg for himself, which is not super good but decent
- Very useful in both PVP and PVE
- Overpowered at debut for Hero side, as well as for Live Clash
- Will help you A LOT in your Duelist Training Center Expedition
- Somewhat decent for bossing too since he follows up on the boss multiple times
- Requires a lot of investment, such as fully upgraded ATK gear, AWK2 and KS to really be effective. Otherwise you’ll just be reviving and tornado-ing around but not doing any damage
- KS/Ultra ult gives him 12% HP Heal after every follow-up which is critical, and increase chasing to 3x, as well as the dmg.
- AWK2 gives him additional revive to 4x, increases revive heal to 70% and now ults 3x
- Countered by upcoming Geryu core. Geryu core prevents units from dying and become immune to dmg if in enhanced unyielding state. Since MB+ follows up on the lowest HP unit, he will always attack that unit and it will deal 0 dmg, so his follow-ups are effectively rendered useless.
- This also affects PVE, as you can see in the latest Red Gear challenges where the enemy PVE units already have Geryu core effect.
- Immunity to stun is not 100%, as there is a partial 50% chance to pierce, same with DoT
- Most people would already have CK, so you won’t have enough time to Extreme Training both
- Save your BT if you are lacking, rumoured Geryu in June!
- Better SSR+ units for Geryu line-up, such as AS+
We were all so excited about MB+ and so ready to pull and upgrade him like the next RMG. Little did we expect Geryu core to screw him up so badly. Plus, better SSR+ units are being released as expected, so MB+ did drop in value. For example, AS+ is considered a stronger pick now.
However, if you’re very PVE focused and you intend to fully all-in him, he will be a very good unit.
Also, do remember that we did not have MB banner in SEA, so if you want, this is a good chance to get both (or just normal MB) in a single banner, for those who ‘collect units’ (eg for perks, figurine base etc). If you have spare BT, feel free to pull maybe to 50x for a chance to get MB, but also to get the hero evolution stone which will be useful for your next Hero pull.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
When we talk about KS for F2P, we need to consider 2 things – How much does it improve the Ultimate, and how critical is the P5.
For MB+, his ultra ult is super good. However his P5 is rather ‘meh’. I guess the benefits in the ultra ult make up for the lack in P5.
Only get it if you intend to all-in MB+ all the way.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Metal Bat’s real name is Bad (バッド, Baddo), which was confirmed by Murata as a fun fact on his stream. This is possibly a pun on Bat (バット, Batto), as it is a weapon he regularly uses, and the Japanese (katakana) character for Do 「ド」 is very similar to To 「ト」.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!