DISCLAIMER: This guide is more for F2P players with limited BTs. Going forward, I will give insights on why the unit is good or bad, so that you can make your own informed decision. Due to everyone’s own unique line-up, BT count, situation, new units and constantly changing meta, I will NOT be advising on pulling or not.
- All the SSR+s are strong in their own way. It’s a matter of which one you have to prioritize as an F2P
- The good news is that, it’s pretty much exactly the same as SSR+. It’s still using 4 Evo stones and 1 Awakening stone, and still requires BT to pull. The only change is that now we need the UR evo stones (red color) instead of the orange ones we have. Hence you have to use up all your SSR+ stones. There is an option to convert 2 SSR+ Stones into 1 UR stone, but at this time I’m not sure if that’s a one-time thing during the UR event, or you can exchange anytime. Guide here!
- As an F2P, it is too expensive to Awaken Passive 2 any SSR+/UR, I would recommend you pull multiple good SSR+/UR units than to AWK2 one SSR+/UR. However, it depends on your situation and if a particular unit is very good, so if you want to please go ahead. Do note you can continue doing so on the comeback banner if not enough BT (although not as ideal).
Basic: Deal 2 consecutive strikes to a single target, dealing 120% ATK, obtains [Specialized Guard] by 120% ATK
Ultimate: (No energy consumed) Attacks enemies in a row with 5 consecutive strikes, dealing DMG by 400% ATK. Grants [Specialized Acceleration] (Increases SPD of ally in the same column to 92% of Sonic’s SPD, only when ally SPD is lower than expected), lasts for 1 round. Removes 3 energy (Once per round, after removing successfully, unable to inflict [Fear] on the enemy again in the same round).
Passive: Before battle begins, [Encourage] the allies (gains 2 energy at the start of the round, lasts 3 rounds), 100% chance to inflict [Specialized Burn] on main target (DOT by 150% ATK. After any character acts, transfers the effect to a random target, disappears after transferring 3 times.)
Awaken Passive: At the start of the battle, grants [Specialized Acceleration] (Increases SPD by 25%, if the main target’s SPD is lower than Sonic, deals 500% ATK as Extra DMG). Permanently grants himself 65% chance of [Evasion] (Reduce Direct/Extra/Charge/Berserk DMG to 1 DMG)
ATK 400% > 600%
Specialized Acceleration 92% > 96%
Remove energy 3 > 5
Increase additional 1000 Energy Points for allies.
Gains energy 2 > 3
Burn DoT 150% > 200%
Encourage lasts 3 rounds > 5 rounds
Burn DoT 200% > 250%
Increase SPD 25% > 30%
Evasion > + allies in the same row @ 45% chance
ATK gear with SPD% on all 4 pieces, and 3x SPD% on buff gears. This is NOT optional.
SO WHY UR Sonic?
- The latest Speedster, as usual SPD is king for PVP. With KS, it’s 96% of his SPD!
- Ult doesn’t consume energy
- Sonic is like Watchdogman, he gives the team 2 energy at the start of battle for 3 rounds, and also removes enemies’ energy (3). This itself is great for PVE because you have more energy for your team to ult.
- Great for both PVE and PVP, and will be a staple in your lineup for a pretty long time
- Lots of more powerful UR units upcoming and all of them look super good. Like G4, Suiryu, and Boros core!
- Very expensive to build – you need very high SPD gear to make Sonic work, and KS is a must
- F2Ps will never win whales in terms of gear, so expect your Sonic to always be slower
- If you don’t have a strong team or main DPS, then having Specialized Acceleration may not do much
- When fighting an enemy with UR Sonic, the energy buff and remove almost offsets each other, so it’s down to which Sonic is better (with KS energy removal is 5, and Extreme passive energy buff is 3)
If you realized how long Flashy Flash meta was, the same can be said for UR Sonic. If you don’t have a speedster yet, highly recommended to get at least one.
WHAT ABOUT KS?
Yes no doubt. The ultra ult itself is already so powerful, plus you will need 5P to get the maximum potential out of Sonic (for the energy buff and removal). If you’re feeling rich, be sure to AWK2 him for the extra speed boost.
Check out the SSR+ guide here!
DID YOU KNOW…
Sonic buys his weapons from a weapon shop.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!