This guide is aimed at F2P players simply because they need to choose who to save BTs and pull. If you’re P2W, just buy every LSSR 😛
F2P: Generally, SSR Amai is mainly a PVP unit. For those who are focusing on PVE and do not care about PVP, then you don’t have to get him at all.
For the PVPers, F2Ps simply won’t have enough BTs to pull him at all if you pulled RMG and ATT. Don’t forget you need to save for Bomb, Sonic etc.
For Whales, definitely get him if you want to stay competitive in PVP!
SSR AMAI’S KIT
Role: Super utility / AOE Heals / AOE Speed boost / Tenacity to allies / Max HP reduce Follow-up / Self ult reduction
Type: Grappler / Hero (Class A)
Meta Duration: PVP wise maybe 4-6 months. Starts to drop off when Sonic and Gale Wind comes out. (Sonic has spd boost, while GW is grappler too). PVE not really needed.
Basic: Attacks a single target dealing 130% ATK as dmg, and decrease the target’s current max/remaining HP by 30% for 2 rounds (dmg beyond the HP decreased will be removed immediately and permanently)
Ultimate: (no need energy) AOE Heal based on 100% of ATK stat and boost speed for himself by 10% and allies to 90% of amai speed. (Will not affect allies that speed faster than him).
Passive: At the start of the round, grants [Tenacity] to all ally (absorbs 30% of the units own max HP). For every enemy slower than own SPD, increase own ULT DMG reduction by 15%, (up to 3 stack). After taking action, [Follow-up] on the highest max HP enemy (Attack with 80% basic ATK DMG and effect, with a 70% chance of follow up, up to 3 times each round).
AoE Heal 100% > 150%
Speed boost of Amai’s spd 90% > 95%
Ult dmg reduction 15% > 18%
Follow-up 70% > 100%
Shield > 40%
Ult dmg reduction > 20%
Follow-up > 4x per round
Super easy to gear for Amai, every single thing you’ll want to pump SPD as much as possible. Secondary stat would be ATK for higher heals Your main goal is just to make him move before the enemy.
Recommended set is Flash/Monk
Broken set is fine if you don’t have the required pieces.
You can go either ATK for higher heals/dmg, or HP for more survivability to stay alive and continue healing your team and slapping the enemy, up to you!
Hero ATK or HP – SPD% x3 << most important
Grappler ATK or HP- ATK or HP. Res/Block is great too if building HP Amai but not super important.
S-Class ATK or HP- ATK or HP (Bonus DMG free is nice too)
SO WHY SSR AMAI?
- Handsome. HAHAHA kidding. No I’m not gay.
- He’s a one-of-a-kind super utility unit that so far no other unit has the same skillset
- His ult costs nothing so it’s free to cast. This allows your other units to ult more
- He gives a spd boosts to allies, similar to Mumen Rider but on drugs. This allows you to gear your main DPS more efficiently (no need to use SPD gear on them anymore but pure ATK, or HP for Genos)
- He provides free shields on ALL units, which synergizes Bomb core and also Undying Shield emblem (do note round 1 ONLY)
- His ult also AOE heals the team, which is always good
- He does follow-up 3x – the key here is not the damage but that the follow-up reduces the enemy’s max HP (see his basic attack skill)! This is super useful for lowering enemy’s Max HP, esp for HP-based units like Genos and WDM.
- He has his own self ult reduction via passive, so that will help with his survivability
- Pretty strong in LC – though his speed boost is not that significant due to the lower speed values in LC (runes)
- Has its niche uses in certain PVE scenarios too where you’re struggling to survive
- Sits in between too many good LSSRs, you probably don’t have enough BT
- He is purely a utility unit – This means that if you don’t have a strong main DPS to carry you, Amai doesn’t work at all.
- If he is dead then your team has no more speed boost, and enemy team will probably be faster than you as you’re team probably will not be wearing any spd gear
- His shields is ONLY active at the start of battle
- Max HP reduction does not stack more than once on the same target
- Grappler slot is getting crowded again so might not have enough space for him (Bomb, Gale Wind, etc)
- Some argue Awakened Sonic’s speed boost is better as it still activates when he is dead (Extreme Passive), however it is for allies in the same row only.
So if you’re F2P like me and pulled both RMG and ATT, you probably won’t have many BTs saved up at this time! Don’t forget you still need to save for Bomb, Sonic, Gale Wind and all the upcoming overpowered SSR+! So the answer is quite easy, no choice but to skip. Even if you did pull him, your Amai can’t compete with a whale’s Amai, so he will definitely be faster and still out-speed you.
Be prepared to get out-sped by your enemies and die a quick death lolol. Especially from whales.
For now, just be patient and save up. It should get slightly better when Bomb core is out (then you won’t die an instant death to Amai+GenosKS OTK).
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
In Murata’s stream when describing what ethnicity the characters would be in the real world Murata stated Sweet Mask would be Korean.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!