14 – 20 (5AM) Mar
F2P: It really depends on 2 things – your BT and your situation. Usually it’s not a good idea to pull anything on comeback, but with Gale Wind being such a great unit, plus the requirements of future Geryu core, it might just warrant its worth. Read below for a more detailed explanation.
NOTE: It was supposed to be AVM this comeback but looks like dev accelerating things again. The community is guessing that AVM will be in the next HBU.
GALE WIND’S KIT
Role: Crowd Control via Stuns / Follow-up / Internal Injury
Type: Grappler / Monster (Demon)
Basic: 2 hits single target, 160% ATK. 100% chance to inflict [Internal Injury] (155% of Gale Wind’s ATK)
Ultimate: Ult only uses 900 points (1 energy). Cross shape – 4 hits, 200% ATK. For the first 2 rounds, 100% chance to inflict 2 random enemy units with [Stun] (Not affected by Hit%). 50% chance to ignore immunity.
Passive: 40% NON CRIT DMG Reduction. After any character action, does a [Follow-Up] to the enemy with the highest ATK (80% of Gale Wind’s ATK, up to 3 times per round)
ATK 200% > 260%
Energy bar 900 > 950 points
Stun random enemies 2 > 3
Non-crit dmg reduction 40% > 50%
Follow-up ATK 80% > 100%
Follow-up ATK 3x > 4x per round
SO WHY GALE WIND?
Why you may want to pull:
- Stun is useful in both PVE and PVP
- If you focus on PVE a lot – his stun is very useful and almost critical for some PVE content. Basically he won’t run out of ‘meta’ in terms of PVE, unless they come up with some stun resist mechanic.
- For PVP, you won’t regret him especially in LC. (at the time of writing!)
- His skillset cannot be replaced by other units, unlike simply just changing a DPS. No one else (at the time of writing) can stun 2-3 enemies using less than 2 energy. In comparison, the only other guaranteed stunner is Lightning Max but you need his KS (if not you need Burn to activate stun), and he needs 2 energy to ult, and he can only stun 1 (and potentially 2 with Formal set).
- Great follow-up DMG if properly geared
- His Follow-up internal injury is great for triggering bosses with conditions (eg Resist Invasion Garou – every time Gale follows-up it triggers one time! you can easily hit 10/10)
- You need a good Grappler slot to fill during Geryu’s core (you can get both SSR+ CK and Garou which would be the current best, but honestly F2Ps won’t have that many BT; at least Gale you can still gamble and pull at low cost if you’re lucky)
- Geryu core requires 2 Espers and 2 Grapplers. So it makes things more complicated now and you really need to plan your lineup. Grappler 1 should be SSR+CK, 2nd can be WDM / Gale / Gouketsu / M.Bakuzan, or SSR+ Garou/SF in future.
- Up till today he is still used in CN
- You have enough spare BTs to secure at least 2 SSR+ for now
Why you may not want to pull:
- 2 months past his debut
- It’s already quite late to extreme train him, and since SSR+ CK is around the corner, you might not have enough time to train him (aka you need to use omnishards)
- His stuns only take effect in the first 2 rounds, and the battle gets super long during Geryu’s core due to multiple revives and unyieldings etc so Gale Wind’s stuns get diminished very quickly in longer battles.
- If you don’t have a speedster – your slow Gale might get stunned by enemy Gale
- If you don’t intend to get his KS
- If you don’t have enough BT to secure SSR+ CK, Geryu and AS (at the time of writing)
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
He is among the few monsters of human origin who can access their human form, the others being his partner Hellfire Flame, Surprise-Attack Plum and Haragiri.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!