Hey guys! It’s Garou, be it good or bad. This will be a quick one on his skills and why he’s good. I also did a Garou vs Gouketsu article which you can read more here.
If you don’t have ZBM, skip Garou and save for ZBM comeback (Feb maybe?)
If you have ZBM and >180BT, then yes pull him!
If you don’t have enough BT, skip and save
Dolphin: 100% Yes
Whale: 100% Yes
Role: AoE DPS / Follow-up DPS / Internal Injury / Unyielding
Type: Grappler / Martial Artist
Meta Duration: Until Gyoro-Espers meta take over, which is about 6+ months. Even then, he’s still going to be useful even with Gyoro core, and especially for Hero PVP. So I would say he will stay useful and relevant for quite a long time.
Basic: 1-hit 120% damage to one foe, and 100% chance to inflict Internal Injury to that foe (deals 100% of Garou’s ATK as damage when foe is attacked again – effect disappears after foe is hit)
Ultimate: 5 hits AOE Attack deal 100% damage and apply internal injury (130% Damage based on Garou ATK Stat) to random 3 enemies.
Passive: Whenever an enemy takes their turn, Garou has a 40% chance to perform a follow-up on that foe with 80% damage and 100% Internal injury. If the enemy that takes their turn is a Hero unit, Garou has a 100% chance to perform a follow-up instead. Can perform up to 3 follow-ups per round. Whenever Garou takes fatal damage, grants Unyielding and revives Garou with 30% of his maximum HP.
AoE ATK 100% > 120%
Internal Injury 130% > 145%
Random 3 enemies > 4
Counter ATK 80% > 90%
Follow-ups per round 3 > 4
Gangster/Suit – ATK+ATK% or SPD
SO WHY GAROU?
- He deals a heck ton of damage – He’s gonna be your super damage dealer if you manage to get him now
- His passive is overpowered, and that’s what makes him powerful. His follow-up does 180% ATK dmg (80%dmg + 100% Int. Injury). That’s a free 180% ATK 3 times each round doing nothing. And it’s a 100% chance to follow-up on enemy Heroes. Hence he is a must use in all Hero-only fights (Tournament, HxM, Peak Arena, etc)
- You will NEVER be energy starved with Garou (using ZBM core). Both basic and ult applies Internal Injury, so no problem fighting a DSK4 core, even if Garou goes first. If the enemy King goes first, Garou will 100% follow-up and deal internal injury, which will also net you 2 energy.
- This internal injury synergizes with ZBM’s advanced Core increasing ult dmg by 20%, and also synergizes with ZBM4 core for 1 extra energy.
- If all that doesn’t sound incredibly ridiculous to you, he still has unyielding, and reviving with 30% max HP (same as Alloy). This is always useful for certain situations like HxM, Institute etc when you need unyielding to take a hit
- Useful in PVE as well, especially for enemy Heroes due to the 100% follow-up, as well as unyielding which I mentioned above
- He costs 180BT :p
It’s important to note that since he’s coming right after ZBM, majority of the players WILL NOT be able to pull him, especially F2Ps. Only the whales will pull him, and if you’re competing against whales, it’s still going to be hard with or without Garou. This means that you should not be seeing that many Garous in your server (unless it’s full of whales), so you won’t be that far behind (theoretically, I may be wrong).
On the flipside, if you do pull him, you will be dominating in PVP, especially vs Heroes for the next few months.
It’s also important to note that from CN servers, we know that the ZBM/grappler meta will slowly shift to the Gyoro/esper meta. Knowing how powerful those are (RMG, Awakened TT, Gyoro etc), and how unpredictable SEA timeline is, it may also be worthwhile to plan for the long run and save for those Esper heroes. If you start saving now, you have just enough time to get all 3 of them when they’re out ideally. HOWEVER, not everyone is here for the long haul and may not play for that long, so just pull Garou if you can’t wait for Gyoro/Espers.
Personally for me, as I don’t have enough BTs (since I had to max draw ZBM), I’m just saving up for Gyoro and RMG for now. Sadly I’ll have to skip Garou and Gouketsu and be miserable in PVP these few months! 😛
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
Garou has a soft spot for children, as shown when he converses with Tareo in the park, or when he stops fighting Metal Bat after Zenko shows up. When Tareo calls him “Mister” after Garou told him not to, he does not get angry at the child. Later, he rescues and protects the boy from the Monster Association, even risking his own life to do so.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this!