14 Jul – 25 Jul
Psykos, Gyoro-Gyoro, he, she, it, whatever. I’m just going to refer as Gyoro-Gyoro and him. Don’t cancel me lah, just a game.
It depends –
Pull him if…
- You focus on Monster, because Gyoro’s core will be your best monster core for at least a year
- You have strong Espers to synergize with
- You don’t plan to pull Bomb for whatever reason
Role: Core / Support
Type: Esper / Monster (Dragon)
Meta Duration: In terms of core for PVP, probably about 3 more months and will drop off slightly when Bomb core comes out. However, Gyoro’s core is still very much useful for PVE (Core4), and also the best Monster core for at least a year. Sooo definitely still very usable.
SO WHY GYORO-GYORO?
First of all you should always save up for core units! Comeback is a little late but still better late than never. The Gyoro meta is slowly phasing out (in terms of PVP), but it’s definitely still very strong and usable. In fact, some players in CN server still use Gyoro’s core today, depending on their lineup.
If you’re still using CE/ZBM core today, then this will be a huge upgrade for you.
If you miss this, then no one’s sure when he will be back, probably maybe in a backup stick? But so far even ZBM has not returned after his comeback, so it might be a while.
- Still a strong core, and also the first LSSR Monster core, and one that lasts for a long time. There’s no new monster core up till now yet in CN servers
- Bomb core is countered by ATT/AVM, so Gyoro’s core may find its uses depending on your server, if there are not too many whale Genos users (since Bomb core was mainly to counter Genos)
- Useful and strong core upgrades (eg lv4 and lv10 core upgrades)
- Somewhat ‘tanky’ due to his passive, sharing 50% dmg with a monster ally in the same column with him
- His ult reduces Max HP, which is great for reducing enemy SSR Genos ult dmg
- His passive (increase Max HP) has a lot of synergy with other units. Max HP increases means that tenacity effects are greatly increased, so TTM/SSR Amai shields are even stronger!
- Increases SSR Genos’s ult damage, if you’re intending to pull him
- Increases Phoenixman ult damage due to missing HP
- Increases Watchdogman’s ult dmg and basic attack heal
- His core/passive is rather short-lived, only useful for the first 2 rounds. This means that for longer battles, his core is essentially just giving 3 energy per round.
- The Max HP buff does not “heal” you to max HP, but rather gives you an empty max HP bar. And the passive heal only takes effect when ally HP drops below 50%, so it’s still very possible that a strong enemy AoE (eg SSR Genos) can still one-shot your whole team in the first turn without your Gyoro heals kicking in
- PVP meta potentially dropping off in a few months when Bomb comes, depending on your server
WHAT ABOUT HIS KEEPSAKE?
His KS is actually not too bad and has very nice animations, but not a super game changer. As such, I would advise to save up for RMG/ATT’s KS for F2Ps, as you need a main carry DPS.
AoE dmg 110% > 140%
Reduce max HP 15% > 25%
If you manage to draw in less than 50 draws, it’s advisable to stop and save up for the next LSSR.
If you draw between 50 and 150, then it’s up to you whether you want to max draw for duplicate shards.
If you draw at around 150, then you should continue and max draw for shards since you’re already so near 180.
DID YOU KNOW…
Gyoro Gyoro (ギョロギョロ) was the meat puppet of Psykos. He existed as an independent entity that allowed Psykos to manage the Monster Association without revealing her identity. Orochi was the only one aware of its true identity.
If you liked this article, do bookmark this site and follow our Twitter for more One Punch Man: The Strongest guides and updates like this! Join our Telegram group for faster updates!